Surfing for Nutrition?
Author Katie Mazzia MS RD CDE is a nutritionist at Vail Valley Medical Center.
The Internet can be an awesome resource for food and nutrition information however not all of it is reliable or credible. Below are some of my favorite nutrition blogs and websites you can trust and might even give you a fresh perspective inspire you to cook more or try a new food!
- Nancy Clark's blog on sports nutrition: http://community.active.com/blogs/NancyClarkRD
- Digestive Nutrition: http://www.katescarlata.com/
- Sports Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition: http://www.scandpg.org/nutrition-info/nutrition-info-for-consumers/
- Make sense of nutrition in the news: http://www.nutritionunplugged.com/top-posts/
- Quick and easy homemade food: http://www.simplyscratch.com/
- Fuel School- offers a crash course in all things related to nutrition/food: http://www.runnersworld.com/fuel-school
- Nutrition Blog Network-a collection of blogs written by registered dietitians: http://www.nutritionblognetwork.com/
- Gluten-Free and Family Focused: http://inspiredrd.com/
- Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fitness/MY00396/DSECTION=sports-nutrition
- Tufts Nutrition Navigator-rates and reviews websites: http://navigator.nutrition.tufts.edu/index.html
How exercise can help combat fatigue
When hit with a bout of fatigue, it can be tempting to take a nap or give into a day of lounging. Counterintuitive as it may seem, getting up and participating in low- to moderate-intensity exercises when experiencing fatigue has been shown to help boost energy levels and reverse fatigue-related symptoms, according to multiple studies.
Where to Go for Care
When you or someone you love experiences an illness or injury, it’s sometimes hard to know where to go for medical care. The goal is to find the right level of care, at the right time and at the right cost. Distinguishing between primary, urgent and emergency care can make all the difference.
State of the Valley: Eagle County leaders say they’re ‘rowing together’ on staffing, housing, child care challenges
Speakers from hospital, school district, county and Vail Resorts also give audience predictions for 2024