If you or a loved one are experiencing an urgent or emergent medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
Call (970) 479-7225 with questions. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days/week. The Emergency Department is located in Vail Health Hospital at 180 South Frontage Road West, Vail, CO 81657.
Vail Health's Emergency Department (ED) is a 24-hour Level III Trauma Center staffed by board-certified physicians. Emergency trauma care is available to infants, pediatrics, adolescents and adults of all ages. Our highly trained staff is qualified to care for medical emergencies and stabilization of critical patients with full resuscitation capabilities. Walk-in patients are treated promptly and efficiently. The Emergency Department serves the emergency medical needs of the community and visitors.
- Emergent medical and trauma treatment
- Treatment and care of sports-related injuries with expertise in ski injuries, splinting and casting
- Disaster preparedness and response in conjunction with county and pre-hospital agencies
- Occupational health services
As a Level III Trauma Center, our physicians and trauma team are ready 24/7.
- 24-hour immediate coverage by general surgeons, as well as coverage by the specialties of orthopedic surgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology and critical care.
- 24/7 mental health crisis clinicians
- Top trauma and orthopaedic surgeons
- Full-time cardiologists with Cardiac Catheterization Lab on-site
- State-of-the-art imaging and diagnostics
- On-site laboratory
- Intensive Care Unit for critical patients
- Family Birth Center with Level II Nursery
- Emergency helicopter transport
- Transfer agreements for patients requiring more comprehensive care at a Level I or Level II Trauma Center
- Back-up care for rural and community hospitals
- Tertiary care needs such as cardiac surgery, hemodialysis and microvascular surgery may be referred to a Level I Trauma Center.