: The Volunteer Corps is committed to supporting the highest level of compassionate patient-centered care at Vail Health facilities.
: To provide a meaningful volunteer experience and to be recognized as the best volunteer opportunity in our community.
: The Vail Health Volunteer Corps was founded by Paula Wahle in 1979 and has grown from 13 to more than 100 members. Although the Volunteer Corps initially focused their efforts on fundraising for the hospital, we have since become instrumental in assisting patients, guests and staff at Vail Health Hospital, Shaw Cancer Center, Sonnenalp Breast Center and Beaver Creek Medical Center
on a daily basis. Each year, they donate more than 5,000 service hours and $60,000 to Vail Health.
- Free meal during shift
- Shuttle services between Vail Health locations and parking onsite during shifts
- Safe Health – Complimentary fitness program
- Starbuck’s discount in Vail location
- Discounted over the counter pharmaceuticals
- Special events – Awards event, Officer Installation, Informational Brunch
- Social events
- Free uniform
- Free flu vaccine during flu season
- Gift for meeting minimum hour requirements
“We volunteer because our caring makes a difference — for others, for our community and for ourselves. As a volunteer, we are also the benefactors of warm friendships and delightful camaraderie with fellow volunteers, as well as the amazing Vail Health staff.” – The Vail Health Volunteer Corps Board
Additional information about volunteering at Vail Health: