Vail Health Hospital and our outpatient locations and services is a community focused, independent health system. Our mission is to provide superior health services with compassion and exceptional outcomes.
Ensuring our patient’s medical records are compliant with regulatory agencies reduces patient safety risks and increases continuity of care. Please read our Letter to Community Partners
to understand updates to Vail Health outpatient tests and services.
VAIL HEALTH FORMS
> Vail Outpatient Service Requisition
> Vail Lab Requisition
Vail Health requires orders for all outpatient services to be compliant with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) regulatory requirements. CMS requires that a qualified Provider order all services provided by a Hospital. In addition, there are specific elements required to be included on each order. If any of these items are not included, the order is not compliant and cannot be accepted:
- Reason for ordering test or service (e.g., diagnosis description, sign, symptom & ICD-10-CM diagnosis code)
- Test or service being ordered (described through a narrative & CPT code)
- Name of Provider ordering test or service
- Signature of Provider ordering test or service, including date and time signed
- Telephone number of Provider ordering test or service
- Patient name
- Patient date of birth
- Date of order
If you have questions about order requirements, please contact our Health Information Management Director at (970) 569-7416.