Plant-Based Power Bowl
Plant-based proteins offer something that animal products do not — beneficial plant compounds called phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are naturally occurring chemicals that often have antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties.
When consumed regularly, phytonutrients may help boost your overall health and prevent chronic disease. This quick and simple recipe contains chickpeas and quinoa — two plants that offer 8 to 13 grams of protein per cup, plus complex carbohydrates. To add flavor and balance, the dressing provides a dose of healthy fats.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian salad dressing
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- Protein boost: Add 4 ounces of lean poultry or fish, such as chicken breast or canned tuna.
- No added sugar: Make your own dressing using 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ tbsp red wine vinegar, ¼ tsp Italian seasoning, a squeeze of fresh lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
What a difference a week makes for Eagle County’s COVID-19 vaccination process
Under the new system implemented this week, both Eagle County and Vail Health accept sign-ups from any residents in...
Shots of hope: Images of Eagle County residents getting the COVID-19 vaccine
By the end of the week, 5,800 Eagle County residents will have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine....
Colorado hospital ‘Superheroes’ honored for work during pandemic
The Colorado Hospital Association is honoring a group they call “Superheroes” of the pandemic. Kimberly...