Plant-Based Power Bowl
Plant-based proteins offer something that animal products do not — beneficial plant compounds called phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are naturally occurring chemicals that often have antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties.
When consumed regularly, phytonutrients may help boost your overall health and prevent chronic disease. This quick and simple recipe contains chickpeas and quinoa — two plants that offer 8 to 13 grams of protein per cup, plus complex carbohydrates. To add flavor and balance, the dressing provides a dose of healthy fats.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian salad dressing
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- Protein boost: Add 4 ounces of lean poultry or fish, such as chicken breast or canned tuna.
- No added sugar: Make your own dressing using 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ tbsp red wine vinegar, ¼ tsp Italian seasoning, a squeeze of fresh lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
Stronger together: How Eagle County’s health care workers rose to the challenge of COVID-19
The valley’s two largest health care providers, Vail Health and Colorado Mountain Medical, braced for the...
Health care workers reflect on one-year anniversary of Eagle County’s first COVID-19 case
Eagle’s County’s first confirmed COVID-19 case arrived exactly 12 months ago on March 6, just one day...
Progress Underway on Dillon Health Center
After breaking ground one year ago in January 2020, construction on Vail Health’s health facility in Dillon is...