Plant-Based Power Bowl
Plant-based proteins offer something that animal products do not — beneficial plant compounds called phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are naturally occurring chemicals that often have antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties.
When consumed regularly, phytonutrients may help boost your overall health and prevent chronic disease. This quick and simple recipe contains chickpeas and quinoa — two plants that offer 8 to 13 grams of protein per cup, plus complex carbohydrates. To add flavor and balance, the dressing provides a dose of healthy fats.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian salad dressing
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- Protein boost: Add 4 ounces of lean poultry or fish, such as chicken breast or canned tuna.
- No added sugar: Make your own dressing using 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ tbsp red wine vinegar, ¼ tsp Italian seasoning, a squeeze of fresh lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
NOW OPEN: Urgent Care, Occupational Health & Victim First Care Clinics in Avon Buck Creek Medical Plaza
Vail Health has opened urgent care, occupational health and Victim First Care...
Urgent Care changes in Avon: Vail Health takes over urgent care in Buck Creek Medical Plaza
Vail, CO (July 1, 2021) ― Vail Health will take over management of the urgent care clinic...
Let’s go live:’ Eagle County’s COVID-19 collaboration team reflects on the yearlong battle
This article was written by Pam Boyd and first appeared in the Vail Daily on May 20, 2021. ...