Plant-Based Power Bowl
Plant-based proteins offer something that animal products do not — beneficial plant compounds called phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are naturally occurring chemicals that often have antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties.
When consumed regularly, phytonutrients may help boost your overall health and prevent chronic disease. This quick and simple recipe contains chickpeas and quinoa — two plants that offer 8 to 13 grams of protein per cup, plus complex carbohydrates. To add flavor and balance, the dressing provides a dose of healthy fats.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian salad dressing
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- Protein boost: Add 4 ounces of lean poultry or fish, such as chicken breast or canned tuna.
- No added sugar: Make your own dressing using 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ tbsp red wine vinegar, ¼ tsp Italian seasoning, a squeeze of fresh lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
Mountain Family opens new clinic in Avon’s Chapel Square
Mountain Family Health Clinics’ new location in Avon’s Chapel Square is officially open to patients. The clinic — which relocated from its Edwards location — will provide affordable dental, medical and behavioral health services to the community.
Vail Health facing mounting workforce, financial headwinds as it continues to grow services
In the 2023 State of Vail Health address, President and CEO Will Cook reflected on challenges and accomplishments in 2022 while looking ahead to the future.
Peaks and Valleys
What happens when someone in the “happy valley” finds themselves feeling sad or depressed? Despite living in a beautiful place, there are universal challenges that affect everyone, regardless of gender, age, religion, cultural or sexual orientation.