Consume More Berries
- Choose local or USA organic fresh or frozen (unsweetened) to reduce pesticide exposure.
- Aim for ½-1 cup 2-3 times per week minimum for heart health and improved cognitive function.
- Choose whole foods over supplements, powders, potions or chocolate covered berries.
- Cook cranberries with 100% fruit juice vs. sugar and use as a spread for sandwiches or on yogurt/oatmeal.
- Add berries to your smoothie, spinach salad, tortilla wrap and cold quinoa or brown rice summer salad dishes.
James Hetfield, lead singer of Metallica, visits Ukrainian soldiers at Vail Health
When you’re in the emergency room, any surprise visitor is a welcome sight. But when it’s James Hetfield, lead singer of Metallica, then, really, “Nothing Else Matters,” at least for the moment.
New community benefit law won’t alter Vail Health’s priorities
Nonprofit hospitals in Colorado that receive federal, state and local tax exemptions are expected to provide a certain amount of community benefit. And starting in August 2023, these hospitals — including Vail Health — will have new reporting requirements for how they spend toward “community benefit.”
Eagle County School District hosts safe driving fairs at high schools
Over the past month, both Eagle Valley and Battle Mountain high schools hosted safe driving fairs. The fairs aimed at educating students about the importance of driving safely as well as on the perils of impaired and distracted driving.