Consume More Berries
- Choose local or USA organic fresh or frozen (unsweetened) to reduce pesticide exposure.
- Aim for ½-1 cup 2-3 times per week minimum for heart health and improved cognitive function.
- Choose whole foods over supplements, powders, potions or chocolate covered berries.
- Cook cranberries with 100% fruit juice vs. sugar and use as a spread for sandwiches or on yogurt/oatmeal.
- Add berries to your smoothie, spinach salad, tortilla wrap and cold quinoa or brown rice summer salad dishes.
Exercise for Joint Health
If you suffer from joint pain, the last thing you feel like doing is moving. Pain is the ultimate de-motivator, so...
Vail Health supports EFEC with STEM grants for the 2019-20 school year
This article and photo were printed in the Vail Daily on August 8, 2019. The Education Foundation of...
Technology Takes Over
This article was written by Heather Hower and printed in the 2018 Vail Health Magazine. Once upon a...