No Bake Energy Bites
These sweet, no bake treats take minutes to prepare, are filled with healthy ingredients, and make for a great breakfast or snack. Six flavor mixes will add variety to your ingredient base.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 30 minutes
Start with base ingredients
ENERGY BITE BASE
- 1 1/4 cups oats (gluten free rolled oats, quick oats or a blend of half quick, half old fashioned)
- 2 tablespoons “power mix-ins” (chia seeds or flaxseeds)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (peanut butter or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup sticky liquid sweetener of choice (honey or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mix-ins (see below for flavor options)
Now add in your flavors
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHIP
Base ingredients + 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Base ingredients + 3 tablespoons chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons chopped almonds, 2 tablespoons raisins
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY
Base ingredients + 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
Base ingredients - replace 1/2 cup of the oatmeal with 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes + 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup chopped almonds
Base ingredients + 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, ADD 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE
Base ingredients with maple syrup, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl: oats, power mix-ins, nut butter, sweetener, vanilla extract, salt, mix-ins, and extra ingredients. Stir to combine. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit more oats. If it’s too dry, add a bit more nut butter. It should resemble a somewhat sticky dough that holds together when lightly squeezed.
- Roll ingredients into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place rolled ball in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Store leftover energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
*For nut allergies: In place of the almond or peanut butter, try sunflower seed butter.
Serving Size: 1 ball (nutrition info for Classic Chocolate Chip variation)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 123 Calories,
Total Fat: 6g,
Saturated Fat: 2g,
5 Exercise Myths
Originally published in Vail Health Magazine 2018. Howard Head Sports Medicine’s Doug Emerson and Jesse Horton...
Vail Health Welcomes Plastic Surgeon Dr. Jason Martin
VAIL, CO — Vail Health recently announced the addition of Dr. Jason Martin to Shaw Cancer Center’s care...
Vail Health Is One Of Four Hospitals Recognized In National Publication
Initiative to Increase Number of Breastfed Babies is Exemplified VAIL, CO (November 29,...