Vail Health's Vaccine Clinic ScheduleThe FDA has extended the Emergency Use Authorization for the Pfizer vaccine to everyone over the age of 12. We expect that vaccination recommendations will be final and in place for all future clinics. No appointment needed.
- 2nd Dose Clinics:
- Thursday, June 3, 7am-2pm walk ins only, all three vaccines.
- Wednesday, June 9, 9am-2pm walk ins only, all three vaccines.
- These clinics are focused on 2nd doses. If you are interested in a first dose, we are able to assist you during the dates mentioned above. Please understand that you will need to get the 2nd dose at a different location (see below) as we will not be holding any future large vaccine clinics at this location.
Other Vaccine Clinics:Vail Health is currently in the midst of changing our vaccination locations within the organization. Please continue to check this page, or refer to the locations listed below for additional vaccine availability in the area. You no longer have to go to the same location for both doses.
- Eagle County Vaccine Clinics (weekly clinics starting June 2nd) View Eagle County Vaccine Clinics >
- Local Vaccine Options:
- City Market Pharmacies
- Safeway (Frisco location)
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Emails are returned within 24 hours 7 days a week.
What To Consider Before Getting Your COVID-19 Vaccination:
- You cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine if you have received any other vaccines within 14 days.
- Please review the following vaccine information below:
You will be asked to sign a consent confirming that you have reviewed this information.
- Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require a second dose. Please check our website for future clinic dates that align with your booster due date. New clinics are posted weekly, and may not be posted until 1 week prior to your expected return date.
- Pfizer requires a booster 21 days after first dose
- Moderna requires a booster 28 days after first dose
- Per the CDC, the second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible, but not earlier than recommended (i.e., 3 weeks [Pfizer-BioNTech] or 1 month [Moderna]). However, second doses administered within a grace period of 4 days earlier than the recommended date for the second dose are still considered valid. If it is not feasible to adhere to the recommended interval and a delay in vaccination is unavoidable, the second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines may be administered up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose. Currently, only limited data are available on efficacy of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered beyond this window.
- If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once vaccinated, when am I fully protected from COVID-19?
Vail Health COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Location
If you plan on coming to Vail health Hospital for a COVID-19 vaccination, here's what you need to know:
- If you have questions about your Vail Health COVID-19 Vaccine, please email email@example.com. This email is monitored and is the quickest way for you to get answers.
- Please arrive at the Vail Health COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic, in the former Emergency Room of the west wing of the hospital during the clinic hours posted above.
- The Vail Health COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic is located in the former Emergency Room of the west wing of the hospital at 181 West Meadow Drive in Vail, Colorado.
- If you are coming for the vaccine only, we ask that you park in Lionshead as the structure is free parking. The West parking lot is reserved for The Steadman Clinic and Howard Head Sports Medicine patients, but is available if necessary for accessibility. You may also use the patient parking accessible via South Frontage Road.
- The appointment will take approximately 45 minutes.
- The hospital is currently not permitting visitors. We are permitting one visitor or caregiver to accompany you to your appointment only if there is a medical need
- What your need to know:
- If you have Government Identification (Driver’s License, Passport) please bring it with you. This helps ensure your records are accurate but it is not required.
- After your vaccine, you will be asked to wait in the lobby for a 15 minute observation period.
Additional InformationCOVID-19 Vaccination Information from CDPHE
- For more information, please visit The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) COVID-19 Vaccine page at https://covid19.colorado.gov/for-coloradans/vaccine/vaccine-for-coloradans.
- Eagle County Public Health's COVID-19 website at EagleCountyCOVID.org.
- We are unable to guarantee the COVID-19 vaccination that you will be receiving prior to your appointment.
- Like all vaccines, any COVID-19 vaccine must meet safety and effectiveness requirements set by the FDA before it is made available to the public. The CDC also has great information online: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html
- For personal questions or guidance on receiving the vaccine, please contact your primary care provider.