Registered Nurse Preop/PACU
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction
- Provides patient education to facilitate plan of care, promote optimal wellness, and provide discharge instructions for home care
- Demonstrates ability to delegate and or provide care appropriately and according to all regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates competent PreOP/PACU nursing skills with all patient types and age groups with minimal supervision
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines
- Completes patient documentation and paperwork with accuracy
- Ability to work in both PreOP and PACU and take call independently
- Ability to assume new assignments as directed with competence and necessary skillset aligned with ASPAN standards
- Ability to identify abnormalities and perform necessary interventions during post-operative emergencies
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year PreOP/PACU experience required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), required.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience per hour.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (remote-only positions). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Benefits at Vail Health (Full and Part Time) Include:
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Up to five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- Up to $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance
PRN (POOL) benefits include: Wellbeing reimbursement funds and 403(b) contribution eligibility