Behavioral Health Outpatient Pediatric Masters Clinician
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Vail Health consists of an updated 520,000-square-foot, 56-bed hospital. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
In addition to the hospital, Vail Health has many access points including:
- Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopedics & Neurosurgery.
- Vail Health also owns interest in multiple joint venture ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) throughout the region.
- Colorado Mountain Medical, Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Vail, Dillon, Avon and Eagle, Edwards medical campus and Eagle Healthcare Center.
- The Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center.
- Vail Health is also leading the way in serving our communities’ behavioral health needs with outpatient behavioral health services at the Edwards Community Health Campus, and the Precourt Healing Center, a 28-bed in-patient behavioral health facility, opening in 2025.
Vail Health Behavioral Health is designated as as a Colorado Health Service Corps Site to receive funding for qualifying educational loans.
This Outpatient Behavioral Health Specialty Clinician reports to the Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health and will serve as a behavioral health provider providing direct clinical services across various population and clinic settings. Services will include individual, group, couples, and family-based therapeutic services focusing on interdisciplinary treatment of complex behavioral health disorders.
- Under the supervision of the Outpatient Behavioral Health Director, the Outpatient Behavioral Health Specialty Clinician provides high-level outpatient behavioral health services, with a specialty emphasis on a specific designated area of clinical specialty or concentration.
- Services will include individual, group, and family-based therapeutic services focusing on interdisciplinary treatment of complex, comorbid, and/or treatment resistant behavioral health disorders. This includes maintaining a caseload of minimally 32 billable clinical hours per week.
- As needed or directed, this position develops comprehensive clinical programming and/or curriculum specific to a clinical specialty and ensures all service delivery is aligned with all state, local, federal, and regulatory requirements.
- This position will maintain a comprehensive caseload that is based on community need, patient population need, and services will be delivered across all Outpatient Clinics.
- Maintains excellence clinical documentation in alignment with local, internal, state, federal, and regulatory standards and compliance.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- 3 years of experience in an outpatient or community behavioral health setting.
- Specific focus, training, or expertise in designated area of clinical specialty or concentration. Examples: Clinical Focus within: early childhood, complex family dynamics, high conflict couples
- Understanding of Colorado laws and regulations as they relate to the mental health practices, privacy, confidentiality, supervision, and ethical delivery of care.
- Experience overseeing accurate and timely data collection and data reporting to include Medicaid billing or reporting requirements.
- Behavioral Health Provider License issued by the state of Colorado with 3 years of applicable behavioral health experience. Acceptable licenses: Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Expertise in American Psychological Association (APA) ethical codes and applicable statutes.
- Rural behavioral health experience with specific knowledge of resources and community agencies specific to Eagle County preferred.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Vail Health.
- Strong customer-service focus; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven ability to work patiently, persuasively, and effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Superior organizational skills: a work style that is thorough, accurate and detail-oriented; the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well within the organizational structure
- Bilingual Preferred
- State of Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- State of Colorado Licensed Clinical Social Worker (CSW)
- State of Colorado Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Master’s degree in counseling psychology, clinical psychology, or related field.
Application Close Date:
Application window will close on February 1, 2024.
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience per year.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (remote-only positions). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Relocation and housing assistance may be available.
Benefits at Vail Health (Full and Part Time) Include:
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Up to five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- Up to $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance
PRN (POOL) benefits include: Wellbeing reimbursement funds and 403(b) contribution eligibility