|Specialties||Podiatric Medicine & Surgery|
Eagle-Summit Foot & Ankle
50 Buck Creek Road, Suite 205
Avon, CO 81620 (970) 949-0500
|Education:||Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Kent State University, College of Podiatric Medicine|
|Residency:||Kingwood Medical Center, Chief Resident|
Dr. Bernhard was most recently Chief Resident at Kingwood Medical Center, providing foot and ankle care in Houston, TX. While in residency he was trained extensively in forefoot, rearfoot, and ankle surgery under the instruction of over thirty podiatric and orthopedic attending physicians. Born and raised in Cleveland, OH, Dr. Bernhard attended John Carroll University and Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine. He graduated summa cum laude.
After living for three years in Houston, Dr. Bernhard is eager to move to the mountains. He and his wife Kaitlyn, a third year podiatry resident at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center in Denver. They enjoy outdoor activities including hiking, skiing, running, and kayaking. Though there are no kids around, the cat and two dogs keep them on their toes.
Dr. Bernhard is excited to provide excellent foot and ankle care with the Eagle-Summit Foot and Ankle team. His podiatric interests include trauma, reconstructive surgery, and sports medicine, along with providing day-to-day podiatric care.
- Education: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Kent State University, College of Podiatric Medicine, 2013.
- Residency: Kingwood Medical Center, Chief Resident.
- Hospital Affiliations: Vail Valley Medical Center, Vail Valley Surgery Center, Summit Medical Center, Peak One Surgery Center.
- Memberships: American Podiatric Medical Association, Colorado Podiatric Medical Association, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Central Rockies Physicians Practice Associates.
- Publications: “Vitamin D in Foot and Ankle Fracture Healing”, 2015; “Absence of the Fourth Tendon of the Flexor Digitorum Brevis Muscle”, 2013.