Outpatient Behavioral Health Specialty Clinical Psychologist
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
This Outpatient Behavioral Health Specialty Clinical Psychologist reports to the Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health and will serve as a specialty Psychologist providing direct clinical services across various population and clinic settings. Services will include individual, group, couples, and family-based therapeutic services focusing on interdisciplinary treatment of complex behavioral health disorders.
- Under the supervision of the Outpatient Behavioral Health Director, the Outpatient Behavioral Health Specialty Clinical Psychologist provides high-level, intensive outpatient behavioral health services, with a specialty emphasis on a specific designated area of clinical specialty or expertise concentration.
- Services will include individual, group, and family-based therapeutic services focusing on interdisciplinary treatment of complex, comorbid, and/or treatment resistant behavioral health disorders. This includes maintaining a caseload of minimally 36 billable clinical hours per week.
- As needed or directed, this position develops comprehensive clinical programming and/or curriculum specific to a clinical specialty and ensures all service delivery is aligned with all state, local, federal, and regulatory requirements.
- The Outpatient Behavioral Health Specialty Clinical Psychologist will also provide clinical services exclusive to doctoral level clinicians, such as advanced psychological assessment and neurological evaluation. This position will support doctoral level trainees through the Eagle Valley Behavioral Health Psychological Assessment Clinic.
- As needed or directed, this position will also support the coverage of other Clinical Psychologists in Vail Health. There is the opportunity for this position to provide supervision to doctoral interns in the COPIC, APA-accredited internship program.
- This position will maintain a comprehensive caseload that is based on community need, patient population need, and services will be delivered across all Outpatient Clinics.
- Maintains excellence clinical documentation in alignment with local, internal, state, federal, and regulatory standards and compliance.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- 5 years of experience in an outpatient or community behavioral health setting.
- Specialty Clinical focus, training, or expertise in designated area of clinical specialty or concentration. Examples: Clinical Focus within: early childhood, complex family dynamics, high conflict couples
- Understanding of Colorado laws and regulations as they relate to the mental health practices, privacy, confidentiality, supervision, and ethical delivery of care.
- Experience overseeing accurate and timely data collection and data reporting to include Medicaid billing or reporting requirements.
- Psychologist License issued by the state of Colorado with 3 years of applicable behavioral health experience. Acceptable licenses: Licensed Psychologist
- Expertise in American Psychological Association (APA) ethical codes and applicable statutes.
- Rural behavioral health experience with specific knowledge of resources and community agencies specific to Eagle County preferred.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Vail Health.
- Strong customer-service focus; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven ability to work patiently, persuasively and effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Superior organizational skills: a work style that is thorough, accurate and detail-oriented; the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well within the organizational structure
- Bilingual Preferred
- State of Colorado Licensed Psychologist
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Doctoral degree in counseling psychology, clinical psychology, or related field.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.