Vail Health has been overwhelmed with gratitude for the community members who have reached out to help in our effort to fight COVID-19. Thank you for your support! Following are specific ways to help. While we appreciate all gestures of kindness, these are the areas that are most critical at this time.
- #1 Way to Help: Stay home! Practice social distancing so that we can reduce the number of exposures to COVID-19.
- Make a donation to Eagle Valley Behavioral Health. COVID-19 is taking a toll on our community’s mental health and we will continue to see a ripple effect for months to come. Unemployment and changes to routine cause stress, depression and higher incidences of substance abuse and domestic violence. EVBH is currently working with local providers to offer telehealth services, and Colorado Mountain Medical’s behavioral health team has expanded its hours and capacity. EVBH is offering webinars and trainings on behavioral health topics. Please support these and future efforts to ensure our community has the behavioral health support it will need going forward.
- Write a thank-you note to our staff. Notes can be mailed to Vail Health Staff, COVID-19 | PO Box 40,000 | Vail, CO 81658 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mask-Making: Thanks to the incredible efforts of our staff and the community, Vail Health has an ample inventory of masks for our staff and patients. If you are interested in making masks for other essential workers in our community, a pattern is available here (pdf). Eagle County has supplies to make masks. For information, visit www.eaglecounty.us/facecoverings. Share the masks you make with neighbors, friends and others in your community!
- If you are interested in donating to meals for our frontline staff or other priority areas, please make a cash donation by selecting the Medical Staff Support During COVID-19 Fund. We will pool your gift with support from other generous community members so we can ensure staff meals are distributed equitably with safety in mind. If you are interested in organizing meal delivery through a local restaurant for 60 or more, please contact Robin Litt at email@example.com.
- People have been asking about convalescent plasma donations, to help those being treated with COVID-19. There are two hospitals set up to screen and take donations. If interested, please contact: