Vail Health, in partnership with Summit County Public Health and Breckenridge Grand Vacations, is now offering COVID-19 testing for Summit County residents.
How and where should I get tested?
FRISCO REC BUILDING
110 3rd Avenue, 3rd and Granite
- Testing is by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- We accept both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients
- No referral necessary
An appointment is required. Follow these instructions to book an appointment:
- Email email@example.com with the following:
- Phone number
- A picture of photo ID*
- Front-and-back pictures of health insurance card*
- *For those who do not have a government issued photo ID or health insurance, an appointment for a test can still be made by emailing your name and phone number only.
- Patients can expect to receive a call to schedule an appointment within 48 hours. As there is a demand in Summit County for COVID-19 testing, there might be an initial delayed response. We ask for your patience, as the staff work through the que, and someone will be in contact as soon as possible.
Do you need a test for travel?
- If you're needing a COVID-19 test for travel, it is up to you to research what is required, as each destination requiring testing has different criteria. We provide a letter which states we ran the test in-house in our CLIA certified lab, and that the test was a molecular diagnostic test, however it is not a PCR test. If the destination requires results from a specific lab (i.e Walgreens, Quest, CVS, etc.), then you will need to get your test at that specific location.
- If your destination will accept our results then you need to email your name, phone number, ID and insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org. From there you'll be given an appointment.
What type of tests are offered at the Vail Health - Summit County Testing Site?
- They are nasopharyngeal molecular diagnostic tests.
- The Vail Health Lab in Vail, Colorado will process all samples
How will I get informed of my results?
If you have previously enrolled with Vail Health’s Patient Portal, log in to access your test results.
- If you have not previously enrolled, you will receive an email with enrollment instructions after you’ve been called by our registration staff to schedule your appointment.
- If you have any issues with enrollment in the portal, please contact (970) 569-7403.
- Results will be available 24-72 hours after your appointment.
I need a copy of my test result; how do I request one?
You must sign a release of information (ROI). Please reach out to our Medical Records department at (970) 477-3093 or (970) 569-7403
What will this cost?
- For those with health insurance, insurance will be billed, and any out of pocket fee additional costs will be waived. Anyone without health insurance must attest via an official attestation form to no insurance, and fees will be waived for the patient and covered by Vail Health.
Are there specific recommendations for family members in school?
- Follow Summit County Public Health guidance
- Testing is recommended 24 hours after onset of symptoms in order to provide the most accurate result
What do I do while I wait for my results? If I am positive? If I am negative?
- Anyone who is tested must isolate until results are received. Do not go back to school or work.
Refer to Summit County Public Health guidance for isolation and quarantine information.
- If you have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or is under quarantine at the instruction of Summit County Public Health, a negative COVID-19 test does not eliminate the need for quarantine. Please refer to Summit County’s Public Health guidance on retesting, available on the Summit County Government Website.