Updated: August 10, 2020
VAIL HEALTH VISITOR POLICYEffective July 31st Updated Visitation Policy: For the safety of our patients, providers, and staff, we are accepting one visitor or support person.
We ask all patients and visitors to wear their own personal masks into our health care facilities to help protect you, our patients, and staff during your visit. Any type of medical or cloth mask from home is fine. All visitors will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 before being allowed to enter. If a visitor shows signs or symptoms of COVID-19, they will not be allowed to enter the building unless they are seeking care.
Exceptions to the visitor policy:
- No visitors for patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- No visitors under the age of 16.
- End-of-life exception on a case-by-case basis.
Please follow these guidelines at all times:
- Do not visit if you are sick
- Wash your hands when entering the hospital and use sanitizer frequently
- Limit movement throughout the facility
- Wear a mask when in the facility (available at the concierge desk)
FAMILY BIRTH CENTER VISITOR POLICY
Vail Health is suspending the use of nitrous during labor during the COVID outbreak.Effective August 10:
- Patients are allowed 1 visitor or support person for the duration of their admission.
Patients with disabilities may have specific needs for support persons or specialized services including communication assistance. If you need any of these services, please notify your nurse, your provider, or admissions.
SURGERIES IN VAIL & EDWARDS VISITOR POLICYVail Valley Surgery Centers are now open to non-essential elective surgeries. In an effort to protect our patients, community and staff, we have updated our visitor policy. For surgical procedures, patients' designated ride/care provider will now only be allowed to enter the building when the patient is ready to be sent home. Only one adult per patient will be allowed. For minor procedures, including pain injections and GI endoscopy, no visitors will be allowed to enter (patient drop off and pick up only). We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
VAIL HEALTH HOSPITAL ACCESSVail Health is requiring all patients and employees entering either Vail Health Hospital, Colorado Mountain Medical, Vail Health Clinics or Shaw Cancer Center to wear medical masks or face cloth coverings.
As a precautionary measure, Vail Health is verbally screening all patients and visitors for respiratory illness prior to entrance into Vail Health Hospital. A trained staff member screens those entering the facility, and anyone who has respiratory symptoms and is not seeking care in the Emergency Department is asked to return to their place of residence and call their healthcare provider. Patients with respiratory symptoms or fever who are requesting emergency care are provided a mask and directed to the ED isolation trailer.
SHAW CANCER CENTER AND EDWARDS CAMPUS ACCESSProtecting our Shaw Cancer Center patients, who experience weaker immunity to virus and disease because of treatment, against coronavirus (COVID-19) is our top priority at Shaw. The following precautions and safety measures are in effect at the Edwards campus: Vail Health is requiring all patients and employees entering either Vail Health Hospital, Colorado Mountain Medical, Vail Health Clinics or Shaw Cancer Center to wear medical masks or face cloth coverings. Anyone who has respiratory symptoms will be asked to return to their place of residence and call their healthcare provider or Eagle County Public Health. In addition, there will be the following dedicated entrances to the facility:
- DOOR A - East entrance – Vail Health and Colorado Mountain Medical clinics
- DOOR B - North entrance – Sonnenalp Breast Imaging Center
- DOOR C - West entrance – Shaw patients only
- Pharmacy patients: Curbside pick-up is available at the North entrance, and prescription delivery to a patient’s hotel or residence if the patient is experiencing respiratory symptoms or illness.
- Shaw cafe will open to employees and guests. Hours of operation are 7:30 am - 9:00 am and 11:00 am - 2:00 pm. Physical Distancing will be exercised with stickers placed on the floors in 6ft increments. Purell hand sanitizers have been installed at the kitchen entrance & exit.
- When inside the Shaw Pavilion, please continue to wear your mask, exercise hand hygiene, and exercise physical distancing.
COLORADO MOUNTAIN MEDICAL & VAIL HEALTH CLINICS
- All appointments are being scheduled.
HOWARD HEAD SPORT MEDICINE
- All appointments are being scheduled.
- Group performance training programs are available with proper social distancing measures.