VP, Shaw Cancer Center
Search is being conducted by Walt Medina & Associates, LLC
Interested candidates can submit their resume for consideration to:
Walt Medina, CPC
Executive Search Consultant
Tel: (860) 357-5002
- Provides executive level operational leadership, including but not limited to, medical oncology, radiation oncology, infusion center, research, survivorship, Jack’s Place, breast imaging, and surgical oncology operations. Stays abreast of current developments and trends in all relevant technical / professional knowledge areas.
- Develops and implements the vision and strategic plan direction of the SCC, in collaboration with senior leadership, Vail Health Board of Directors and medical directors, to serve the members and enhance the community by supporting the Vail Health four pillars (Population Health, Affordability, Accessibility and Sustainability).
- Focuses and directs staff on priorities of the SCC including achieving growth and organizational targets; revenue generation; fundraising; and ensuring overall fiscal health of the SCC
- Collaborates with a wide-range of diverse constituencies across the Rocky Mountain regions in the public and private sectors to build coalitions to achieve the SCC’s overall mission and priorities.
- Uses administrative expertise to assist physicians with integrating clinical services. Addresses concerns and assesses best practices of clinic flow and function.
- Ensures SCC has an effective physician referral program and other marketing outreach. Makes continuous efforts to ensure cost- effective, efficient operations.
- Responsible for integration of clinical operations to enhance practice productivity, increase efficiency and improve patient satisfaction. Oversee all aspects of patient treatment for SCC.
- Manages vision and purpose of the SCC while inspiring staff through assessing and utilizing each person’s strengths.
- Creates relationships, internally and externally, resulting in partnerships involving integrity and trust.
- Maneuvers through complex political situations effectively and sensitivity.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Engage with facility service line leaders, quality, managed care, and supply chain to plan for emerging trends in terms of clinical protocols, technology, reimbursement, medical management, and supply utilization
- You will identify and document oncology best demonstrated practices from across the country to improve current state of practice
- Assures attainment and maintenance of program regulatory certification(s). Directs preparation process and on-going maintenance of standards for accreditation
- Capable of leading and developing one of the best Service Line Programs in the nation (as measured by outcome indicators)
- Stays abreast of the various state and local community political, economic, demographic and competitive climates, and promotes creative leadership and pursuing new fields for servicing unmet needs of the organization, building and supporting the culture, and fostering an atmosphere of constructive growth and expansion.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in leadership in a comparable organization, preferred in a hospital based cancer center / program.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in health care field preferred.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.