Pay Range: Min: $16.34 Mid: $20.43: Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
The Unit Clerk performs a variety of jobs as requested by the clinical leaders. Performs clerical and secretarial duties for clinical leadership. Works cooperatively with care team, the medical staff, and other departments to provide quality patient care. Supports established hospital policies and procedures. Assists in orientation of new personnel to positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides confidential administrative support to the department and other areas as required. Demonstrates team work and strong, positive interpersonal skills as a measure of success. Avoids counterproductive behaviors i.e., gossip or other destructive communication. Develops trusting relationships.
- Demonstrates professional conduct and is accountable for actions and outcomes. Exhibits a willingness to be flexible when needed. Exhibits ability to work unsupervised.
- Delivers excellent customer service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, customer preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with internal and external customers.
- Actively participates as a collaborative member of the team by communicating constructively, identifying interdepartmental problems, and resolving conflicts appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to give and receive peer review and feedback and incorporates this into his or her work.
- Able to organize & prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks. Budgets time and work load appropriately. Completes projects within specified time limit.
- Accurately completes Kronos edits and serves as Kronos liaison between payroll and staff regarding payroll questions. Participates in unit budgeting and oversight of budget activities as assigned.
- Attends clinical department meetings and completes minutes on a timely basis as assigned
- Sets professional and personal growth goals and monitors for success.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives embracing Performance Peaks and Lean Methodology.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- 2 years administrative experience in healthcare preferred.
- BLS preferred.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.