Total Joint Replacement Operating Room Nurse
Assists in total joint replacement procedures in a high volume total joint replacement center that provides excellent inpatient and outpatient care in an efficient and team centered environment. Position functions under the direction of the OR Directors in both Hospital and Surgical Center and the Medical Director of the Total Joint Service Line.
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to triage incoming patient requests for services.
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado statue.
- Demonstrates competent healthcare assessment skills, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle high telephone volume of patient requests for medications, information and assistance.
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines.
- Coordinates patient care with other physician practices, Vail Heath and others as needed to achieve the highest possible level of patient care and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room technician procedures instrumentation, equipment and workflow.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of clinical RN experience in a total joint center
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.