Sustainability Operations Technician
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Provide support relating to the organizations sustainability initiatives and ensure execution of the department requirements as outlined below.
- Assisting in coordinating and handling of the organization’s waste streams.
- Handling, sorting, and transporting large quantities of recyclable, hazardous, electronics, confidential shred, and compostable materials, to the appropriate facilities and locations previously determined.
- Repairing, maintaining, and cleaning recycling receptacles throughout the year.
- Assisting departments with trash removal in designated exterior areas.
- Providing education regarding recycling programs and environmental initiatives to guests and employees on a regular basis.
- Working with other departments to build and maintain cohesive working relationships.
- Take the initiative to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Logistical coordination of durable medical equipment end of life process.
- Active member of the organization’s Green Team
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including supporting the facilities and EVS departments. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- 2 years in an environmental services technician role or equivalent required.
Current Valid Driver's license and ability to pass Vail Health’s Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.