To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Possesses expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combines the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation of tools and technologies in performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Functions with working knowledge of AORN standards.
- Proficiently maintains and checks all items for proper packaging, processing, moisture, seal and packaging integrity, sterile indicator if present, and expiration dates. Ensures that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Monitors sterile field for events that may contaminate, interfere, or alter field and initiates or notifies of need for corrective action.
- Performs at an expert level in 1 and 2 surgical cases and assist in precepting new hires.
- Maintains flexibility while contributing to the individualized, ongoing delivery of care within the scope of practice.
- Models effective, timely communication with the perioperative team with full participation in Time Out Process to include Briefings and Debriefings.
- Models professional behavior to include maintaining current in new technologies and procedures, including instrumentation and equipment.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant
- One year operating room Surgical Technologist experience required.
- Licensed as a Surgical Technologist in the state of Colorado required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.