Pay Range: Min: $26.32 Max: $39.49. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
Assists during surgical procedures by ensuring and maintaining the integrity of a sterile surgical field and providing instrumentation as needed to the surgical team. Participates in unit activities that assure high levels of quality related to patient care. Functions under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Possesses expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combines the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation of tools and technologies in performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Functions with working knowledge of AORN standards.
- Proficiently maintains and checks all items for proper packaging, processing, moisture, seal and packaging integrity, sterile indicator if present, and expiration dates. Ensures that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Monitors sterile field for events that may contaminate, interfere, or alter field and initiates or notifies of need for corrective action.
- Performs at an expert level in 1 and 2 surgical cases and assist in precepting new hires.
- Maintains flexibility while contributing to the individualized, ongoing delivery of care within the scope of practice.
- Models effective, timely communication with the perioperative team with full participation in Time Out Process to include Briefings and Debriefings.
- Models professional behavior to include maintaining current in new technologies and procedures, including instrumentation and equipment.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year operating room Surgical Technologist experience required.
- Licensed as a Surgical Technologist in the state of Colorado required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association, required.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.