Sterile Processing Technician II
Additional geographic pay differential available (depending upon position location).
- Performs cleaning and sterilization techniques based on established standards of practice.
- Keeps all instruments sets clean, complete, functioning correctly, and sterile.
- Monitors shift to assure all Sterile Processing standard procedures are done correctly.
- Acquires, uses, and manages information and staff to establish priorities for effective time and resource utilization to achieve established objectives.
- Demonstrates careful, efficient use of supplies and linen to facilitate quality care and cost efficiency.
- Encourages cooperation and teamwork between staff and departments.
- Seeks additional educational opportunities and shares knowledge by serving as a preceptor or role model to new employees.
- Documents sterile processes in log books. Ensures accuracy of all documentation related to SPD.
- Communicate with all customers at a high level, anticipate needs, and resolve opportunities quickly and efficiently.
- Models a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of Sterile Processing experience and experience with Joint Commission required.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM)
- Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.