Sterile Processing Technician I
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
This position is eligible for any ongoing Surgical Services staff bonuses.
- Perform cleaning, inspections, and sterilization techniques based on established standards of practice for S.P.C.
- Maintain all instrument sets to ensure that instruments are clean, complete, function correctly, and are sterile.
- Maintain working knowledge of the instrument sets, configuration, and supplies.
- Responsible for the documentation of sterilization processes in all log books.
- Carefully and efficiently uses supplies and liners to facilitate quality care and cost efficiency.
- Seek additional education opportunities within and outside the hospital setting and share knowledge by serving as a preceptor to new employees.
- Participate in implementation of plans to improve teamwork or to resolve conflict.
- Provide excellent customer service, work as a team, and be an advocate to VVMC patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Models a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
- Minimum 1 year hospital Sterile Processing experience with OR instrumentation strongly preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.