Sterile Processing Technician I
Pay Range: Min: $18.92 Mid: $23.64: Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
To adhere to polices and sterile processing procedures set forth by the organization to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. To ensure the effective and efficient turnover processing of instruments to maintain patient safety at all times. To act as a preceptor to new employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform cleaning, inspections, and sterilization techniques based on established standards of practice for S.P.C.
- Maintain all instrument sets to ensure that instruments are clean, complete, function correctly, and are sterile.
- Maintain working knowledge of the instrument sets, configuration, and supplies.
- Responsible for the documentation of sterilization processes in all log books.
- Carefully and efficiently uses supplies and liners to facilitate quality care and cost efficiency.
- Seek additional education opportunities within and outside the hospital setting and share knowledge by serving as a preceptor to new employees.
- Participate in implementation of plans to improve teamwork or to resolve conflict.
- Provide excellent customer service, work as a team, and be an advocate to VVMC patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Models a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Minimum 1 year hospital Sterile Processing experience with OR instrumentation strongly preferred.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.