Social Worker MSW
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Provide clinical social work for patients, families, and staff to help them cope with psychosocial issues that require specific training or education. Responsible for psychosocial assessments, counseling, support, and referrals. Actively participates in discharge planning assessments and efficiently connects patients with appropriate levels of care and identified resources as needed to optimize health outcomes This role will need supervision provided by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or a Licensed Professional Counselor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides support and counseling; assist patient and family to develop coping skills related to dealing with diagnosis, medical needs and treatment.
- Assesses and reassesses social and emotional factors in order to help patients and families cope with problems in daily living, and to help them follow medical recommendations to reduce readmissions and improve patient’s health outcomes.
- Collaborates with county and community agencies to promote continuity of care and continued services. Recommend and assist with referrals and introductions to appropriate financial resources, hospitals, clinics and community agencies for continuity of care.
- As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, contributes to patient plans of care, and documents psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, and interventions in the EMR with documentation meeting regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with Case Managers to assess for patient discharge needs, promote positive health outcomes through appropriate referrals, discharge planning and care coordination.
- Provides support and counseling to assist staff with dealing with patient situations that can result in vicarious trauma or with the day to day stress of working in a healthcare environment
- Participate in the development of patient and staff support programs, as needed.
- Availability to flex throughout the Vail Health system, within scope and training, depending on the identified needs of the system.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- 1 year of previous related experience required; healthcare experience preferred.
One of the following is required:
- State of Colorado Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- State of Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPCC)
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Must be familiar with MS Office and using printers, fax machines, and pagers.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.