Social Worker MSW
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides support and counseling; assist patient and family to develop coping skills related to dealing with diagnosis, medical needs and treatment.
- Assesses and reassesses social and emotional factors in order to help patients and families cope with problems in daily living, and to help them follow medical recommendations to maximize the patient’s health condition.
- Collaborates with county and community agencies to promote continuity of care and continued services. Recommend and assist with referrals and introductions to appropriate financial resources, hospitals, clinics and community agencies for continuity of care.
- As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, contributes to patient plans of care, and documents psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, and interventions in the EMR with documentation meeting regulatory requirements.
- Provides support and counseling to assist staff with dealing with patient situations that can result in vicarious trauma or with the day to day stress of working in a healthcare environment
- Collaborates with the SBIRT program in counseling those who meet substance and alcohol criteria.
- Participate in the development of patient and staff support programs, as needed.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- 1 year of previous related experience required; healthcare experience preferred.
- One of the following is required:
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- State of Colorado Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- State of Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Must be familiar with MS Office and using printers, fax machines, and pagers.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.