Senior Accounting Specialist
Pay Grade: Min: $24.21 Mid: $31.90: Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
The Senior Accounting Specialist is responsible for assignments delegated by the Controller or Assistant Controller which may include, but are not limited to, month-end and year-end closing activities, annual budgeting, annual audit, tax and Medicare Cost Report work, and departmental reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs varied accounting and financial record-keeping activities and analyses which could include but are not limited to patient accounts receivable, investments, fixed assets, other assets, accrued liabilities, fund accounting, etc.
- Prepares journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations and analyses for both month-end and year-end closing.
- Assists with preparation of financial data presented in the monthly package for the Board of Directors, including researching budget variances.
- Prepares monthly departmental financial statements.
- Prepares workpapers for the annual financial statement audit, annual Medicare Cost Report and annual tax returns.
- Prepares annual budget for assigned line items.
- Prepares various ad hoc and regulatory reports.
- Interacts regularly with other departments.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Two years accounting experience performing similar job functions is required. Public accounting audit experience can substitute for accounting experience. Healthcare accounting experience preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with the theory, principles, practices and procedures of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
Computer / Typing:
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills including the ability to create complex formulas such as VLOOKUP. Subtotals, etc.
- Must be proficient in other Microsoft applications such as Word and Outlook.
- Must be proficient in 10-key.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university, with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or a related field is required. CPA designation preferred
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.