To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Performs direct patient care on the patient care floors while participating in daily operational activities as necessary.
- Demonstrates competency and compliance with all regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Helps to train, educate, and set up education for all current and new staff for the Respiratory Service Area.
- Maintains constructive collaborative communication with patients, patient's family, physicians, co-workers and other members of health care team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Following competency validation, performs diagnostic cardiology procedures including EKG, Cardiac event recorder, holter monitor, EEG, Pulmonary function testing, Peak Flows, Pulse Oximetry titration walks, and stress tests.
- Draws Arterial Blood Gasses, runs samples, controls daily maintenance, and troubleshoots the analyzer. Acts as a resource on interpretation of results per Joint Commission/CAP/CLIA regulations.
- Attends Trauma, Code Blue and Rapid Response Team emergencies. Assists with establishment and maintenance of airway.
- Demonstrates ability to give and receive feedback and incorporates this into work. Gives feedback on employees for performance reviews.
- Identifies clinical and interdepartmental problems and resolves conflicts appropriately.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Two years of experience in an acute care hospital accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Experience in the care of neonatal, pediatric critical patient care.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a State of Colorado Respiratory Therapist license.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.