Registered Nurse Total Joint Operating Room
This position assumes responsibility and accountability for providing nursing care for patients and their families related to total joints and all other surgical procedures. Assure compassionate, individualized nursing care for patients and families is expected. They collaborate with providers, staff and other members of the team to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Reports to the Total Joint OR Facilitator (TJR) as well as the appropriate Director at each location for the TJR service line.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- This role is expected to travel across different locations within the Vail Health system to support total joint procedures in outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Demonstrate high standard of organizational skills, assuring patient safety in the operating room setting
- Ability to stay focused in a fast paced, high volume environment and achieve efficient OR turnover.
- Under direction of the RN leaders, assists with the daily patient flow within the OR suite to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction of total joint patients.
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care and promote optimal wellness
- Demonstrates ability to delegate and or provide care appropriately and according to Colorado Statue
- Demonstrates basic clinical assessment skills, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills with assistance as needed
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines
- Review patient paperwork for accuracy and verify procedure to be performed
- Assist in the positioning and transport of the patient
- Perform pre and post-surgical count
- Complete patient charting
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Prefer CNOR
- Prefer ability to scrub and circulate
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.