Registered Nurse Preop/PACU
Pay Range: Min: $35 Mid: $48: Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
The Preop/PACU Registered Nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for providing compassionate and individualized nursing care for patients and their families in collaboration with providers, staff and other members of the team to achieve optimal patient.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction
- Provides patient education to facilitate plan of care, promote optimal wellness, and provide discharge instructions for home care
- Demonstrates ability to delegate and or provide care appropriately and according to all regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates competent PreOP/PACU nursing skills with all patient types and age groups with minimal supervision
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines
- Completes patient documentation and paperwork with accuracy
- Ability to work in both PreOP and PACU and take call independently
- Ability to assume new assignments as directed with competence and necessary skillset aligned with ASPAN standards
- Ability to identify abnormalities and perform necessary interventions during post-operative emergencies
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year PreOP/PACU and/or Critical Care experience required
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), required.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Nursing for positions hired after 11/01/2018 or BSN obtained within five years of date of hire if after 11/01/2018 required
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.