Registered Nurse OR Peri-Op 101
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Peri Op 101 nurse intern , under the supervision of the program coordinator and unit manager/director and in collaboration with his/her educator and preceptors will be responsible for the provision of nursing care to the assigned patients in accordance with current standards of care.
- Demonstrates accountability for and commitment to professional nursing practice through participation in the nurse Peri-op program activities.
- Consistently meets the necessary performance expectations associated with the Peri-op 101 curriculum to ensure successful completion of the peri-op program.
- Engages with the program coordinator, department leadership, educators, preceptors, coworkers and other peri-op nurse residents to ensure effective learning and professional growth that leads to a successful transition into independent practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the perioperative nursing process as it relates to patients, surgeons and all health care providers in the perioperative team.
- Delegates to and provides direct supervision to other healthcare team members as appropriate in the implementation of the plan of care.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and their families.
- Practices within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
- Adheres to hospital and department compliance policies, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship -Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences and optimal communication through partnering with patients, families and the entire health care team.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Graduated with a Baccalaureate Degree or an Associate Degree from an accredited nursing program
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance