Registered Nurse Operating Room
Pay Range: Min: $41.20 Max: $74.78. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
This position assumes responsibility and accountability for providing nursing care for patients and their families. Assure compassionate, individualized nursing care for patients and families is expected. They collaborate with providers, staff and other members of the team to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the daily patient flow within the OR suite to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction
2. Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care and promote optimal wellness
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado Statue
- Demonstrates competent clinical assessment skills by functioning independently, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills with minimal supervision
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines
- Review patient paperwork for accuracy and verify procedure to be performed
- Assist in the positioning and transport of the patient
- Ability to assume new assignments as directed with competence and necessary skillset aligned with AORN standards
- Complete patient charting to include pathology, implant logs, tissue tracking, etc.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year operating room experience required
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.