Registered Nurse Operating Room
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
$15,000 Sign On Bonus Available
This position is eligible for any ongoing Surgical Services staff bonuses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the daily patient flow within the OR suite to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care and promote optimal wellness
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado Statue
- Demonstrates competent clinical assessment skills by functioning independently, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills with minimal supervision
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines
- Review patient paperwork for accuracy and verify procedure to be performed
- Assist in the positioning and transport of the patient
- Ability to assume new assignments as directed with competence and necessary skillset aligned with AORN standards
- Complete patient charting to include pathology, implant logs, tissue tracking, etc.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year operating room experience required
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.