Registered Nurse Operating Room
$15,000 Sign On Bonus Available
Pay Range: Min: $40 Mid: $55: Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
A career at Vail Valley Surgery Center (VVSC) means joining a team of people who consider every small moment a chance to improve someone’s life. Vail Valley Surgery Center (VVSC) is a multi-specialty ambulatory center in the Eagle River Valley with locations in Vail & Edwards. What began as a joint venture between Vail Health and 25 physician investors has evolved into a leading-edge center of surgical excellence.
At Vail Valley Surgery Center, you will find specialized surgical care in many areas including orthopedic, Gastroenterology, Pain Management, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology (ENT), Plastic Surgery, Podiatry and General Surgery.
Our Vail VVSC location has 6 Operating Rooms and 25 Preop/PACU bays.
VVSC benefits include: Days Shift, No weekends/holidays or on call, Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision), Five weeks or more of Paid Time Off (PTO) in year one, 5% retirement match, Childcare reimbursement ($1000 for one child, $2,000 for two or more children) and Tuition reimbursement for continuing education. Additionally, you will receive up to $1,000 bonus when you obtain a new certification and $500 when you recertify.POSITION PURPOSE:
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to triage incoming patient requests for services.
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado statue.
- Demonstrates competent healthcare assessment skills, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle high telephone volume of patient requests for medications, information and assistance.
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines.
- Coordinates patient care with other physician practices, Vail Health and others as needed to achieve the highest possible level of patient care and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA-compliant.
- One-year operating room experience required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.