Registered Nurse Operating Room
Pay Range: Min: $40 Mid: $55: Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
$15,000 Sign On Bonus Available
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the daily patient flow within the OR suite to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care and promote optimal wellness
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado Statue
- Demonstrates competent clinical assessment skills by functioning independently, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills with minimal supervision
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines
- Review patient paperwork for accuracy and verify procedure to be performed
- Assist in the positioning and transport of the patient
- Ability to assume new assignments as directed with competence and necessary skillset aligned with AORN standards
- Complete patient charting to include pathology, implant logs, tissue tracking, etc.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year operating room experience required
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.