Registered Nurse Oncology Navigator
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Consult with newly diagnosed patients by phone or in person to determine specific needs, determine referrals to care. Build a patient-family centered relationship.
Provide initial physical assessment and assess for barriers to care. Report to team.
Attend provider appointments when required or requested as liaison, reinforcing education and information provided by caregivers.
Develop and deliver a Survivorship Care Plan with treatment summary to patients on conclusion of initial therapy.
Organize Tumor Conference case presentations and present patients for discussion. Follow up as required with patient and providers.
Liaison with Eagle County breast patients to provide resources from local philanthropy groups.
Sustain a patient centered relationship with the patient and family throughout the course of care and into survivorship as needed.
Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Two years of Oncology specific experience in hospital or outpatient clinic preferred.
- Two years of experience working directly with patients and providers required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.