Registered Nurse Oncology Navigator
Consult with newly diagnosed patients by phone or in person to determine specific needs, determine referrals to care. Build a patient-family centered relationship.
Provide initial physical assessment and assess for barriers to care. Report to team.
Attend provider appointments when required or requested as liaison, reinforcing education and information provided by caregivers.
Develop and deliver a Survivorship Care Plan with treatment summary to patients on conclusion of initial therapy.
Organize Tumor Conference case presentations and present patients for discussion. Follow up as required with patient and providers.
Liaison with Eagle County breast patients to provide resources from local philanthropy groups.
Sustain a patient centered relationship with the patient and family throughout the course of care and into survivorship as needed.
Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Two years of Oncology specific experience in hospital or outpatient clinic preferred.
- Two years of experience working directly with patients and providers required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.