Registered Nurse Occupational Health
Pay Range: Min: $35 Mid: $48: Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
POSITION PURPOSE: .
The Occupational Health Nurse directs, coordinates and collaborates with occupational client companies to provide occupational health services in the clinic and community. Assess the needs of the client population in their relative worksites, and plans, implements and evaluates occupational health services accordingly
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and implements best practice policies and procedures for a broad range of Occupational Health Services within the Occupational Medicine program.
- Coordinates health screenings for workplace hazard and surveillance programs.
- Consults, advises, evaluates and provides training on federal, state, and local regulatory initiatives relative to occupational health services (e.g. OSHA, regulations, DOT regulations, local and public health regulations.)
- Develops and implements occupational and environmental health safety education training for client companies.
- Applies process improvement management principles to eliminates waste so all work adds value and serves customer’s needs.
- Collaborates and provides support and guidance to provider and injury case coordination.
- Develops and implements travel health recommendations education based on plans of client seeking travel medicine consults.
- Collaborates and supports Employee Health Nurse to assure consistency in required services.
- Maintains professional competencies through continuing education and professional activities.
- Participates in daily clinic operational activities for and efficient and effective patient care environment
- Role Models the Principals of Just Culture
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be HIPAA compliant
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Five years of clinical nursing experience required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Drug and Alcohol Screening certification preferred
- Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist (CAOHC) preferred
- Spirometry certification preferred
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.