Registered Nurse Infusion (Medical Oncology)
Pay Range: Min: $35 Max: $62.92. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Shaw Cancer Center provides high-quality, compassionate cancer care that's close to home. Our highly trained cancer specialists utilize the most advanced technology, along with the healing powers of nature, compassion, fitness and nutrition to treat a variety of cancers, including breast cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer. With an innovative, holistic approach, cancer patients are empowered to become cancer survivors.
As an infusion RN you will work with our patients providing Administers chemotherapy, biotherapy, blood products, injectables, supportive care and miscellaneous therapies for non-cancer indications as ordered by the patient’s provider and in accordance with Shaw Cancer Center’s safety standards. Our Infusion RNs perform hands-on nursing skills, including but not limited to: sterile port access, peripheral IV placement, therapeutic phlebotomy, central line care and maintenance, foley catheter insertion, subcutaneous and intramuscular medication administration.
Ideal candidates will have Infusion experience preferred as well as strong IV experience.POSITION PURPOSE:
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to triage incoming patient requests for services.
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado statue.
- Demonstrates competent healthcare assessment skills, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle high telephone volume of patient requests for medications, information and assistance.
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines.
- Coordinates patient care with other physician practices, Vail Health and others as needed to achieve the highest possible level of patient care and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of clinical experience required
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by American Heart Association preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.