Registered Nurse Emergency Department
- Oversee the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction using healthcare assessment skills, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills.
- Triage incoming patient requests for services.
- Deliver patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer-informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
- Delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado statutes.
- Administer medications, perform treatments, and assist in procedures as needed, while consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines.
- Coordinate patient care to achieve the highest possible level of patient care and satisfaction.
- As needed, handle high telephone volume of patient requests for medications, information, and assistance.
- Work independently, as needed, with minimal supervision.
- Deliver excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One-year of critical care or emergency experience required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) ~OR~ Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) required.
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.