Referral & Scheduling Specialist
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Accurately schedules appointments, procedures, and surgeries. Coordinates with the physician’s office on pre-determination requirements.
Works closely with ancillary departments, all clinic staff, providers and the manager to ensure accuracy of the schedule and to ensure all outside medical records, equipment, supplies, etc. are available for the patient’s appointment.
Tracks certain schedule changes including, but not limited to, source of cancellations, add-ons, transfers, etc. Assists the manager with utilization review and quality improvement activities by providing supporting documentation to Administration when questions arise.
Responsible for answering phone calls and returning calls in timely manner.
Accurately completes the Insurance Verification process through Cerner Revenue Cycle and works closely with Vail Health insurance verifiers to determine benefit eligibility and requirements for patients.
Notifies patients of estimated financial liability and acts as a financial counselor regarding insurance and payment options that follow Vail Health Clinic’s policy.
Assists with coordinating procedure education, accurate clinic location, and appointment information prior to appointment date and time.
Completes daily reminder calls and utilize automated reminders for all patients and documents outcome in the patient’s chart. Keeps accurate and up-to-date patient waiting list to offer patients open slots when patients cancel or reschedule.
Assists and backs up front office staff, as needed.
Role models principles of a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of medical office or clinical experience required.
- N / A
- N / A
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Office-level typing and computer skills are required.
- N / A
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.