Radiologic Technologist - Full Time, Nights
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Performs all radiographic examinations according to Vail Health Protocols.
- Assists Radiologist with all fluoroscopic procedures.
- Operates large C-arm and O-arm under the direction of the surgeon.
- Identifies each patient and reviews exam order for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis. Reviews consistency of all demographic information including physician’s name and signature, patient’s name, and date.
- Maintains constructive collaborative communication with patients, families, physicians, co-workers, and other members of health care team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental standards, radiation protection standards, infection control standards, and universal precautions.
- Maintains working knowledge and use of the Vail Health HIS and PACS computer systems to ensure quality patient documentation.
- Monitor supply inventory and notify appropriate staff for ordering when stock is low. Keep exam and dressing rooms stocked and neat.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year of experience in radiology preferred.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Completion of all educational and clinical requirements to qualify for ARRT examination.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance