- Performs all radiographic examinations according to Vail Health Protocols.
- Assists Radiologist with all fluoroscopic procedures.
- Operates large C-arm and O-arm under the direction of the surgeon.
- Identifies each patient and reviews exam order for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis. Reviews consistency of all demographic information including physician’s name and signature, patient’s name, and date.
- Maintains constructive collaborative communication with patients, families, physicians, co-workers, and other members of health care team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental standards, radiation protection standards, infection control standards, and universal precautions.
- Maintains working knowledge and use of the Vail Health HIS and PACS computer systems to ensure quality patient documentation.
- Monitor supply inventory and notify appropriate staff for ordering when stock is low. Keep exam and dressing rooms stocked and neat.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year of experience in radiology preferred.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Completion of all educational and clinical requirements to qualify for ARRT examination.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.