Psychiatrist - Child and Adolescent
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
We are looking to add a psychiatrist that specializes in Child and Adolescent care for our growing integrated behavioral health team. The Psychiatrist is responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating mental and physical aspects of psychological problems for patients seeming psychiatric help. They will conduct thorough psychiatric evaluations, develop treatment plans, prescribe medication, and evaluate treatment results on patients including child and adolescence. The Psychiatrist will work closely with physicians and therapists throughout our clinic locations.
This position is full-time and will primarily be located in our clinic in Avon, Colorado.
WHO WE ARE:
- Firmly established, thriving, multi-specialty practice serving the Vail Valley for more than 40 years
- Specialties include: Behavioral Health, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Nephrology, OBGYN, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Urgent Care, and Urology
- Office locations in Vail, Avon, Edwards, Eagle, Frisco and Dillon
- Relocation package
- 4-day work week
- 6 weeks of time off per annum
- 403b (5% match) and 457b retirement plans
- Comprehensive insurance benefit package
- Company paid malpractice insurance, license fees/dues
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school
- Board certification in psychiatry
- Board certification in child and adolescent psychiatry
- Valid state of Colorado Medical License as an MD or DO
- Current DEA with no restrictions on prescribing controlled substances
- Eligible for Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party reimbursement
- Extensive experience providing and supervising psychiatric services, prescribing psychotropic medication, performing psychiatric evaluations, and treating a wide variety of patient diagnoses/complaints
- Knowledge of DSM V diagnoses
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues
- Ability to foster professional and productive relationships
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
- Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
- Occasionally lifts, moves or exerts force up to 35 lbs.
- Works indoors in an office environment.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a medical clinic environment.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.