Physician - Family Medicine
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
This position is full-time, and will work across our clinics in Vail, Avon and Eagle to provide Family Medicine services to our patients. Our ideal candidate is a physician with a minimum of 2 year of experience practicing Family Medicine.
The Family Medicine Physician functions as an independent healthcare provider, responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients of all ages. The Family Medicine Physician will also collaborate with our multi-specialty team to provide comprehensive care to our patients.
Enjoy the mountain lifestyle in the beautiful Vail Valley with world class skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, camping, rafting, and more all at your doorstep! Excellent compensation with relocation package available.
As a condition of employment, Colorado Mountain Medical requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.
WHO WE ARE:
- Firmly established, thriving, multi-specialty practice serving the Vail Valley for more than 40 years
- Specialties include: Behavioral Health, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Nephrology, OBGYN, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Pediatrics, Urgent Care, and Urology
- Six office locations in Avon, Dillon, Eagle, Edwards, Frisco, and Vail, CO
- Relocation package
- 4-day work week
- 6 weeks of time off per annum
- 403b (5% match) and 457b retirement plans
- Comprehensive insurance benefit package
- Company paid malpractice insurance, license fees/dues
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Degree from an accredited program
- Professional licensure - M.D. or D.O.
- Current Colorado license in good standing, required
- Minimum of 2 year of experience working in Family Medicine, preferred
- Bilingual English / Spanish, preferred
- Must have thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine
- Must have the patience and tact to work with the patient population in an urgent care environment
- Scheduling flexibility is required in order to ensure adequate coverage in each of our clinics
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
- Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
- Occasionally lifts moves or exerts force up to 35 lbs.
- Works indoors in an office environment.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a medical clinic environment.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.