Physical Therapy Aide
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Physical Therapy Aide position requires a tremendous amount of energy, drive, teamwork, optimistic outlook, the ability to multi task, and the willingness to go to every great length to please the patients and provide them with the best possible care. The PT Aide position provides smooth transitions in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Perform administrative task suck as: Gather paperwork and set treatment tables prior to post-op patients arrivals, Create binders with the physician’s protocols for various body parts to aid the patient in their recovery, Maintain Physician Protocol Cabinet
- Assist Therapist and patients with various exercises, cryotherapy, walling, bandaging, crutch training as well as restroom assistance. Maintaining a presence in the clinic to ensure availability to patients and Therapist
- Maintain Clinic inventory; Check stock levels of linens, crutches and all clinic supplies, restock when necessary,
- Complete order requisitions via the Hospital Ordering system (HSS) and put in correct location once the order arrives
- Ensure Vail East clinic is stocked and ordering is maintained
- Liaison with Durable Medical Equipment (DME) representatives such as Hanger, Ottobock and Med-Equip. Communicate to each to ensure par levels are stocked and up to date
- Record order information and maintain through excel spreadsheet
- Clean and organize clinic throughout the day, Fill Game Ready Ice machines at the beginning of the day and after lunch; sanitize all equipment in the clinic; Organize waiting area
- Promotes and contributes positively to the teamwork of the department by assisting co-workers, contributing ideas and problem-solving with co-workers
- Functions in the full Patient Representative role in the clinics as needed.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and certification requirements
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.