To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Position may include travel opportunities with US Ski and Snowboard team, USA Climbing with advanced certification, and local sports event coverage. Patient appointment times are 40 minutes, allowing for ample 1:1 time with patients. Flexible work week for most team members and/or for multiple locations.
Additional Benefits Include: Uniforms provided. Teaching opportunities, clinical mentorship, and program development available.
- Evaluates patients utilizing appropriate tests and measurements to determine the physical therapy problem/level of function and the recommended treatment/discharge plan.
- Promotes and has knowledge of and utilizes appropriate patient care protocol relations to the physical, psychosocial, and developmental needs for neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patient.
- Establishes physical therapy interventions based upon the evaluation and examination, physician orders, and patient's goals for therapy.
- Competently and safely performs appropriate physical therapy techniques and procedures.
- Provide for continuity of patient care through written and verbal communication with other health care professionals.
- Makes recommendations for needed patient care equipment prior to patient discharge and assists with acquisition of same as appropriate.
- Documents findings, patient progress, and all procedures performed within established time frames. Submits all patient billing at the end of each day.
- Participates in assigned aspects of affiliated PT / PTA student training.
- Instructs patients/family members in home programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist (PT) in the state of Colorado or valid PT Compact Privilege.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.