- Evaluates patients utilizing appropriate tests and measurements to determine the physical therapy problem/level of function and the recommended treatment/discharge plan.
- Promotes and has knowledge of and utilizes appropriate patient care protocol relations to the physical, psychosocial, and developmental needs for neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patient.
- Establishes physical therapy interventions based upon the evaluation and examination, physician orders, and patients goals for therapy.
- Competently and safely performs appropriate physical therapy techniques and procedures.
- Provide for continuity of patient care through written and verbal communication with other health care professionals.
- Makes recommendations for needed patient care equipment prior to patient discharge and assists with acquisition of same as appropriate.
- Documents findings, patient progress, and all procedures performed within established time frames. Submits all patient billing at the end of each day.
- Participates in assigned aspects of affiliated PT / PTA student training.
- Instructs patients/family members in home programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist (PT) in the state of Colorado or valid PT Compact Privilege.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.