To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Greet patients and families in admitting and act as their guide throughout the surgical experience while using AIDET in all interactions.
- Responsible for the coordination of the daily patient flow and schedule in order to optimize care, safety, and satisfaction-includes preparing and cleaning rooms.
- Assists with and performs patient care including collection of patient information, accurate reading and documentation of vital signs. Round continually in the family waiting room to assess and provide for the needs of family
- Demonstrates the ability to work with all providers and nursing staff by accurately receiving and implementing instructions and orders.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge in all patient types and age groups to meet patient care needs/outcomes within unit. Displays cultural competency and ability to work diverse patient populations.
- Transport of patient and families to all areas in the peri operative area, to and from the waiting room, and to other units in the hospital.
- Continually improve outcomes and experiences by addressing needs patient needs in a proactive manner by completing hourly rounding and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with Pre-operative unit care and Post Anesthesia Care Unit care as allowed by qualifications and training.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year of experience as a care tech
- Certified in the state of Colorado as a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification by the state of Colorado preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.