Patient Care Tech
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Patient Care Techs are responsible for assisting with patient care, completing vital signs, preparing and stocking rooms, maintaining patient records and completing administrative duties that assist in the management of patient care. We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in getting into the medical field.
In this position you will learn basic clinical support staff skills. Upon successful completion specific certification/ licensure you will be promoted to a Clinical Assistant and receive a compensation adjustment. We reimburse for course and test fees associated with obtaining MA, EMT, CNA, or LPN certification/ licenses.
This is a full time position and will be located in our clinics in Eagle County Colorado.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, OSHA Rules and Regulations, environmental and infection control standards.
- Obtains, monitors, and records vital signs.
- Completes entry, ensuring accuracy and proper documentation, in the patient's Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Maintains patient documentation and communicates with Clinical Assistants
- Ensures cleanliness, adequate stock of supplies and functioning equipment in examination rooms. Replaces supplies depleted on a daily basis.
- Cleans and prepares clinical rooms, equipment and tools.
- Assists all providers and other clinical staff as needed and assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- CPR certification or received within 6 months required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology a plus.
- Computer and typing proficiency.
- Ability to effectively organize resources, establish priorities and perform multiple tasks.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to listen, comprehend and process a variety of detailed information.
- Ability to arrive at work on timely basis when scheduled and to work a varied schedule.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIORNMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
- Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
- Occasionally lifts moves or exerts force up to 35 lbs.
- Works indoors in an office environment.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a medical clinic environment.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.